The battle took place on December 2nd, 1805, and using ingenious tactics the French emperor was able to defeat a much greater force in a more strategic position. One of the most attractive points of the program is a battle reenactment near the village of Tvarožná with nine hundred soldiers in period uniforms. There will be an evening parade with fireworks in Slavkov, with a final act of piety taking place at the Peace Monument. The commemorative event will include military camps, concerts, and an advent crafts fair on Slavkov Square and in the courtyard of the château. Guests can also enjoy costumed tours of Slavkov Château by Napoleon himself.
The commemorations are not a celebration of Napoleon or his victory, and certainly not a celebration of the war or the battle. The international political and war events that profoundly affected Europe in their time have become a means of meeting and a common interest for many people from many countries of the world. The aim of the events is to commemorate and promote knowledge of a common European history.
Wednesday, 29 November 2023
- 17:00 – 18:00 Kučerov – meeting with Napoleonic soldiers, battle on the village square and parade
Thursday, 30 November 2023
- 18:00 – 20:00 Brno and the Battle of Austerlitz 2022 (Tyršův sad, march through the town, gathering in Denisovy sady at 19:00), organised by the 1645 Society
Friday, 1 December 202317:30 Fires at Žurán, organised by the Podolí municipality
Saturday, 2 December 2023
- 07:30 Žuráň, Sun of Austerlitz, parade of the French Grande Armée
- 09:00 Tvarožná, line-up of the coalition army
- 10:30 – 12:00 Santon, battlefield – infantry and cavalry manoeuvres
- 12:00 Commemorative act at the monument to the victims of the battle in front of the Municipal Office in Tvarožná, organised by Tvarožná
- 14:00-15:30 Reenactment of the Battle of the Three Emperors – under the Santon
All-day program in Tvarožná, camp on the village square, historical fair
Sunday, 3 December 2023
- 12:00 Act of Piety at the Peace Monument
Old Post Office Pozořická, Křenovice, Tvarožná, Zbýšov, Kobylnice, Sokolnice and Slavkov
Change of the programme reserved.