The monastery in Příbor in North Moravia was founded by Bishop Charles II of Liechtenstein-Kastelkorn in 1694 with the purpose to expand the work of the Piarist Order. Today, the building is a home to the Municipal Museum and the library. The rooms on the ground floor in the west wing are used for social and cultural events and weddings. The library is the most important cultural landmark, built in the course of many decades after the Piarist College was founded. Today, the collection has 4,500 volumes, representing books acquired from 1694 to the abolition of the college at the beginning of 1870s. It contains thirty incunables, and most books come from the 16th to 18th century.
Lidická 50, 742 58 Příbor
Piarist Monastery in Příbor