The Jerusalem, or Jubilee, Synagogue is a wonderful example of Art Nouveau stylisation of the Moorish style. Richly decorated and equipped with a huge organ, it is the work of legendary architect Wilhelm Stiassny, who built a number of synagogues throughout the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
During the clearance of Josefov at the end of the 19th century, the Gypsy, Great Court and New synagogues were demolished. In 1899 the Society for the Construction of a New Temple was set up with the sole aim of building a new house of prayer. The society bought an old house in Jeruzalémská St. in the New Town as a site for the new synagogue, which was built in 1905–1906 and dedicated on the Simchat Torah holiday. It is an amazing example of Art Nouveau stylisation of the Moorish style full of Islamic arches. It has undergone several renovations since 1992. Today it is open to the public and is used for Orthodox prayer services.