The history of the pilgrimage site in Hejnice dates back to 1211, when, according to legend, a poor net-maker napped under a linden tree and in his dream angels told him how to heal his wife and child. A wooden church was built on this site, later replaced by a Gothic stone chapel, and finally in the 18th century it received its imposing current form. Today, concerts of classical music are held in the Baroque Basilica of the Visitation, which is surrounded by linden trees. Inside the church is a three-section family tomb of the Lords of Gallas, a field altar that belonged to Albrecht von Wallenstein, and a Marian column and Baroque sculptures from the 17th century.
Hejnice Pilgrimage Church